Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Costa Rica 1977 San Jose cultural sites

Tracks of the StoneBear Copyright MCMLXIII Uncle Hargus ALL Rights reserved

ROF= Ring of fire Odyssey  MEF-H = Marine Expeditionary Force- Hargus 

StoneBearTracks ROF Costa Rica journey

San Jose and Cartago, Costa Rica 1977

UofAla independent study summer 1977



While on independent study met and talked with Mary Cato from Virginia... I think... maybe Maryland. From my notes and what I can remember was a gringo lady I met in San Jose also on an independent study in Costa Rica Summer 1977.

Meeting and talking with a gringa was good. We both spoke some Spanglish and met the next day and see some of the Costa Rica sites. I appreciated the company & she said she felt safer walking around with a friend. 



We went to some of the San Jose cultural sites like the National theater. 



I had my camera and took some pix... 

later rode the bus out to Cartago and saw some of the cultural sights there like the Cathedral... the mercado... finca rancho minemo.



It was a good day. Mary was an independent lady seeing Costa Rica by herself... I liked that... an adventurous lady seeing Latin America!




We had a really good day touring around in San Jose and Cartago, Costa Rica in the Summer of 1977. 

You never drink twice from the same stream. 

StoneBearTracks Copyright Uncle Hargus MCMLXIII ALL blog posts/photographs/video ALL Rights reserved 

ALL Blog posts/photographs/video Copyright MCMLXIII ALL Rights Reserved